1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DivX > VCD. how?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mattywarr, Nov 14, 2002.

1. mattywarr

mattywarr Guest

Ok, I have my DizX movie. It is great, no problems. I have TMPGenc. it converts the files to MPEGS beutifally, with a fantastic picture quality, split in two segments. Trouble is, that there is now sound on the VCD! At all!

What am I doing wrong?

Or is there a better way of doing what I'm doing - Which is basically getting a 750mb DivX movie onto a 700meg CD. Because at the moment iI am going through 2 programs to do it. There must be an easier way. Can anybody help?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Typical problem with audio happens when your audio in DivX is in AC3 format. Open the DivX with VirtualDub, select Save WAV, go to explorer and change the extension to .ac3. Then open BeSweetGUI (find it from BeSweet's homepage) and convert the AC3 to MP2 (yes, two -- it's the format that VCD and SVCD uses). Then simply use TMPGEnc's MPEG Tools to multiplex the .mp2 file with your encoded VCD video and that's it.