1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DL/Video help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by TwoStepFF, Mar 7, 2005.

1. TwoStepFF

TwoStepFF Member

I am not sure what forum to put this in so I did it here....anyways I went and download some guitar videos from a website and it downloaded through windows media player I think, it played through windows media player....First question - I would like to burn these onto a dvd if that is possible but have no idea how...second question - If there isnt a way to put these on dvd how do I delete them, I have looked all through my computer looking for all the stuff I have downloaded and can't find any of it...I am using Firefox browser and I click "delete" off the download manager but I dont think that deletes the file from my HD...Thanks to anyone that helps!

2. collarme

collarme Regular member

No, it won't delete the files if you clear the download manager. Go into Documents and Settings and have a hunt around in there (or if you have any idea what the videos are called or their format try a search from the Start bar using the name (of the videos) or file type.

To burn to DVD you'll have to convert the files to MPEG. Try TMPGEnc or winAVI.

3. TwoStepFF

TwoStepFF Member

thank you sir!

4. TwoStepFF

TwoStepFF Member

I have been looking for a while now and cannot find the videos....what folder should they be in? any idea, i never changed the settings or anything..thanks to anyone who can help and the person above me with the link and info!

5. collarme

collarme Regular member

Hi,

Open Firefox and click 'Tools- Options- Downloads' and find out where Download Manager is putting your downloads, then configure Firefox to download all files to the Desktop (or a suitable folder) in future.

Also, to pick up on your DVD query, another file converter you could try is 'DivXToDVD'- it's had quite a few recommendations.

Hope this helps.