1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dl'd svcd plays fine, my svcd ...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Lostboy76, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

Hey people! i had a few questions regarding the making of svcds

I thought i bought a jacked up dvd player that doesnt play svcd when it specifically says it does but ...

I recently dl'd an svcd and burned the file.. it plays fine ...

the svcds i make lag and pause every 2 seconds ...
    but on my old dvd player .. it works fine when i put the vcd header on it (it doesnt play svcds).

What factors would cause the svcds that i make ... unplaybable on the new dvd player? I followed the guides and all ...

thanks for any input you people might have

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

it could be the cd, i once have the same problem, then i tried burning the same video to a different brand of cd, it worked flawlessly except for one hiccup.

or it could be your dvd player doesn't supportsvcd with a high bitrate, mine can play at a max of 6900kbps, beyond that it will start to lag. this is xsvcd i'm talking about though

3. Lostboy76

Lostboy76 Member

Thanks for the reply!

I'm using the same media for both.
    I think it's the way the svcd was made. But what was different?

The kbps is 2500 or lower ... not any higher ...

any other thoughts?

4. shiroh

shiroh Guest

in Tmpgenc you can jack up the bitrate above 2500kbps by clicking load adn select the unlock template.

note that my dvd player is a china brand, its region zero, (or regionless), so its not your kind of dvd player with the bignames and bound by rules.

mine is Weige, and a friend of mine has Shinco, both play xsvcd relatively well.