1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do not understand gspot solution for playing videos

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by gfunk01, Feb 3, 2007.

1. gfunk01

gfunk01 Member

A few weeks ago I was playing videos fine, but when I tried to update and change my codec settings, it went screwy and I had trouble playing the same files again. My video would slow down/freeze and go out of sync with the audio. I have gone back to my original codec setup, which was K-lite codecs, but the problem persists. I used to gspot to check the video to see if it could figue out what I was missing, and when I ran the test, I got a message saying that output pins failed to connect to input pins: there is no common media type between pins. It says the problem is for the Divx Decoder Filter and the ffdshow raw video filter. I do not understand what this means. Could someone explain and how I can fix the problem, which will hopefully solve my playback problem.

2. gfunk01

gfunk01 Member

Also, vlc player is also having the same troubles. I uninstalled all my codecs and vlc plays the vidoe better, but the video still occasionally slows down or freezes, though audio is working fine.

I tried using one of the guides here, so I uninstalled my codecs and then scanned the file using gspot. It showed that I did not have the right codecs of course since I uninstalled them, so I dl xvid codec. When I retested, it said I had the necessary codecs installed. I ran the MS test, and it rendered fine. I then ran an individual video test, which showed no problems, but I then ran an audio test and problems appeared. Here is the text that appeared in the recommended solutions box:

(Src)->>-(A)->[AVI Splitter}>-(B)->[ACM:MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM]>-(C)->{Default DirectSound Device)
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x07e12a7c("Stream 00") on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0311vf24("Input") on filter 0x031c1ce9 "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM". ConnectDirect() failed. Error 0x80040200: An invalid media type was specified.

Src)->>-(A)->[AVI Splitter}>-(B)->[ACM:Voxware Audio Compression Manager Driver]>-(C)->{Default DirectSound Device)
    Faield to connect Output pin 0x07e9c444("Stream 00") on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x07e9cd54("Input") on filter 0x031d81da(Voxware Audio Compression Manager Driver). ConnectDirect failed. Error 0x80040200: An invalid media type was specified.

Src)->>-(A)->[AVI Splitter}>-(B)->[MPEG Layer-3D Decoder]>-(C)->{Default DirectSound Device)
    Failed to connect Output pin 0x0cfbdcb4("Stream 00") on AVI Splitter to input pin 0x0311fe3c("Xform IN") on filter 0x0326cd76 ("MPEG Layer-3 Decoder"). ConnectDirect() failed. Error: 0x80040307: There is no common media type between these pins.

That is what I got. When I tried playing the video in wmv 11, it still had the problem, but a bit later, so things may be improving.

Using ffdshow seemed to add and create new problems that help.
    I think this pin problem may be the issue. Please help. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  3. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

1. VLC doesn't use directshow filters.
    2. Codec packs are bad and they often don't uninstall properly.
    3. You only need ffdshow enabled for raw video if you want to use it for post processing, but not decoding.
    4. You shouldn't be using an ACM decoder for mp3. Using a native dshow decoder would be better. Windows comes with one.

4. gfunk01

gfunk01 Member

well how do i fix it, i uninstalled the codec packs. those programs that you say i don't need I never really installed or set up. could you tell me what I should have on my computer and what the settings should be. Also, why doesn't vlc work? How do I make the codec packs uninstall properly.

One thing I have done is uninstall all codecs, including manually deleting the ones mentioned in the sticky. With that done, will my computer performance improve and where should I go from there.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007