1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do point help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by MaxBern, Sep 5, 2003.

1. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

If I have screwed up the do point on the top of the board will the do point on the underside of the board still work? I am getting the yellow and green flashing with the shutting on and off even with the chip removed. I think I scraped it up pretty good while trying to align the Matrix.

2. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

PLEASE!! Help me.

3. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

You'd have to have messed it pretty bad to wreck it like that!

If you scraped any track away, and soldered untidily, you are probably shorting two tracks out and this of course is not good! It can be done very neatly (and should be done neatly!) with minimal risk.

If you have removed your mod chip and are still getting the flashing light then that's my best bet so far...

Solution? Clean between the tracks with a sharp scalpel so that you are 100% sure there is no short DON'T CUT THE TRACKS THEMSELVES!!!!

If you use the D0 on the underside, you can very nicely pass the wire through a hole in the motherboard if you've got a version 1.2...other versions might not have the hole but look anyway.

To improve your chances of soldering the wire tidily, tin the end of the wire, put none on the pad and clean your soldering iron....also, if it is temperature comtrolled, turn it up about 7/8 max...OK, now, point the end of the tinned wire into the board and apply heat...you dont need to force the issue and after a very short time the solder should run from the wire to the pad...at least enough to keep it there anyway. Tape it for good measure and fit your motherboard back together...if it's still flahing and you're 100..no 200% sure you've cleaned any shorts between tracks on the messy top side, you've most likely wrecked it!!!

Let us know how it goes. =)

4. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

The Matrix has been working for about three months now. I haven't soldered anything. Just went to turn it on one day and nothing. Anyway, I found a dude that lives in my city that is going to check it out for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2003
  5. _carlos_

_carlos_ Member

I don't have a matrix myself but i have read several peoples problems with it becoming loose and causing problems.

6. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

yeah the dude I had look at it said he has never used one but he always helps people like me. They come loose and the next time you go to turn on your system they short out the board. As you can see by my new post I need a new MB. This time I am going to solder in the Chameleon. Know anybody with a v1.0 MB for sale?