1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does any one know how to clean cd's

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by MrPirate, Jan 20, 2005.

1. MrPirate

MrPirate Member

I need some one to tell me if they know like some sort of way to clean cd's.I know you can clean cd's with like rubbing alcohol but there is more to it.

HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

2. dscrazy

dscrazy Guest

hi its dscrazy im new but i still now alot if you want to clean a cd you can always buy a cd wizard for 30 dollers our you can take it to a local video game store and they should know how to fix it.

keep on gaming, dscrazy

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

dscrazy - You can buy a Radial cleaner - for anywhere from about$5.00 to $12.00 or more Mine is several years old and going strong - Scotch brand CD disc cleaning system! basically it's a gadjet that you put your CD/DVD or whatever in read side up and spray that side with the cleaning solution -usually alcohol ( don't use the 70 percent rubbing alcohol as that generally has other stuff in it too ) Use 99 percent if you can find it or 91 percent Isopropyl Alcohol if you can't find the 99 percent stuff I use the 91 percent stuff with no problems. Main thing is it should only have alcohol & water listed in the ingredients. Rubbing alcohol has Lanolin in it or other thing for your skin! )after you've sprayed the solution on the cd you close the radial cleaner gadjets cover and turn the crank about 20 times this cleans the disc . These type CD/DVD cleaners are usually available anywhere audio/video accessories are sold- record/CD/video stores -walmart I bought mine there - Big lOt stores -sometimes) You get the picture . THe 99 or 91 percent alcohol is available at your local drugstore or pharmacy ( Sams Club -has 91percent -swan brand Isoprpyl Alcohol in a 2pac -2 32oz. bottles for like $ 2.36 which should last you till like when your grandchildren are old LOL!!!! seriously hope that this helps you if you have anymore question or need further clarification on this I will help as much as i can. peace Y'all

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

MR.PIRATE & dscrazy - sorry I transposed your two names! but the information still the same ! again my apologies to you both ! I forgot to mention Walgreens - yes Walgreens the drugstore chain sells both the SkipDr. & CleanDr. dvd/cd cleaners the CleanDr. is probably more of what your looking for MrPirate. from what I saw on the box you insert your CD vertically into a slot on the CleanDr. and the disc rotates and is cleaned by it. I think after xmas they were on sale for about $14.00 or so. It kind of reminds me of the old VAC-O- Rec record cleaners -Vinyl remember Vinyl records! anyway just another option for you to think about ! Go Speed Racer Go!!!!!