1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have a Pioneer DVR-510 DVD recorder

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by mason_200, Sep 19, 2004.

1. mason_200

mason_200 Member

I am interested in the Pioneer DVR-510H. Has anyone used this recorder. If so, the info says it works with -R/RW. Will it play a +R. Most of my DVD are in the +R format. What is your opinion?

2. Apophis3

Apophis3 Guest

I have had the DVR-510H for about 9 months and I love it. I have had no issues with the playback of DVD+R discs that have been finalized. I have not attempted to use a non-finalized +R disc.

The only problem I have encountered is the unit has locked up a few times while editing video stored on the hard disk. I had had to unplug the unit from the wall to power it off. It has happened 3 times, but the last time was a couple of weeks ago and when I turned the unit back on 90% of the recorded content on the hard disk had been deleted. I have contacted Pioneer about this to see if there is a firmware upgrade available for this unit.

Even with this issue, I still think this unit is solid. I have not burned a single 'coaster' and it is simple to setup the timer, edit content and burn to disc. Even using the high speed copy function the video quality is very good.

3. mason_200

mason_200 Member

Apophis3
    Have you tried the manual mode. I am interested in the 32 manual modes that when I record a movie that 140 minuts I don't have to use the 4 hour mode. Do the manual modes work well?