1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have Space Quest V?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by lukeman30, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukeman30

lukeman30 Member

I bought the gog.com space quest collection, but for some reason, its version of space quest V is incompatible with a certain patch that I'm trying to use.

Does anyone have the original space quest V disks who could put all of their contents in a zip and upload it for me so I know that I have every single original file? It would only be a few megabytes. Even if you don't have the original disks, any version of sq5 that I could try would be nice. I've tried various "abandonware" sources, but they are also lacking in some files like the gog.com version.

I'm trying to use collector's space quest v installer, seen here. It simultaneously updates the game, installs patches, and sets both space quest and dosbox to optimal settings. However, the installer won't work with my version of space quest from gog (because it doesn't include all of the original files), and I really don't feel like buying it again.

If anyone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I do not have the game. You should be able to find cheap (yeah, buy again) originals on eBay. Also have seen cheap old games at Goodwill for a buck or two. Give it a try.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed due to piracy issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.