1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does iPod Touch 5 support all the same apps as iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Gossens, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Gossens

Gossens Member

I use an iPhone 3GS with no phone service, for apps, email, web. I was thinking of upgrading to iPod Touch 5 to replace it, so I've been doing some research. It seems that iPod Touch 5 only has half the RAM of iPhone 5. I was wondering if, for this reason or any other reason, some apps do not support the iPod Touch? Does iPhone support equal iPod Touch support? Will I be left out with some apps only supporting the phone and not the ipod? I see a lot of apps on the app store that just say "This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad."

Thanks.

Hmm, did some further research and realized these two devices have totally different tech inside, I guess it's not fair to compare them in terms of performance but I'm mainly just concerned about app compatibility.

2. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

the iPod Touch is virtually the same device as the iPhone 5 without GPS and cellular technology. So the only apps which are designed for the iPhone 5 that can have limitations on an iPod Touch are apps designed to make use of the GPS or cellular features of the iPhone.

iPad apps are different in that the resolution they use is higher than the smaller screen of the iPhone. Hence the "This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad." :)