1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't know where to start to mod my gamecube.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by lindy41, Nov 29, 2007.

1. lindy41

lindy41 Guest

So i'm new to the "gamecube" modding scene. i mod psp ps2 xbox ipod anyway. I really don't know where to start to mod my gamecube. Any help would be great as to how or just anything i need to know.
    thanks

2. HG27

HG27 Guest

Well I would start by taking the cube apart to get familiar with the insides.
    Here is an awesome site that will help you.
    modthatcube
    Check under 'custom mods' on the left side
    My cube has a clear case, controller port LED mod, and the internal wavebird receiver mod. Currently working on getting some LED's in the fan area.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2007
  3. Menion

Menion Regular member

I think he meant with a Chip... find a site that sells either the Xeno, Viper or Qoob chip, it really dosent matter they all do the same thing, though if you want to back-up your GC games you will need a Qoob chip.

Next find a Viper, Icedcube ect case that fits full sized DVD's

Adjust the Laser on the GC solder the Chip, flash the bios and theres your start it should be simple enough take a look at the link above its great help.

4. HG27

HG27 Guest

Wasn't sure so just started out with the easy stuff. Yeah, like Menion said, those chips are pretty much the dominant ones in the cube scene. Personally using a XenoGC v1 chip. I chose it for the ease of installation and the price.
    Though all gamecube chips are really easy to install if you have experience. Any of the chips for the cube should be pretty easy for you, withe your experience.