1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOOM 3 is leaked!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by paymenow, Mar 28, 2005.

1. paymenow

paymenow Guest

doom 3 is out and i want to know from who has it already what they think. tell me what you think and if you ask me where to get it ill post. this is 7 days before its release

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

ahhh yes, good old leaking. Not a huge fan of it, but I don't think it is that big of a deal anyways.

I played it for PC, it was so-so. I just was not really into it like Halo. It got worse reviews for Xbox than it did on PC, so I'm not lookin forward all that much.

But I would say buy this game, because the multiplayer is supossed to be pretty intense...

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ paymenow

I wouldn't post a link to pirated material if I were you.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Most of us that have the leaked game will probably still buy it.....

5. sonicbuzz

sonicbuzz Member

Doom 3 is a classic 1st person shooter. One word summery: “ INTENSE”.

The controls are simple, The monsters (Creatures created when an experiment on mars goes bad) are UGLY, the game play is addicting, and the graphics and sound effects are right up there with the best of them. This game is a little gory but not as bad as Blood Rayne and there is an “artistic” aspect of the gore.

I like the way the quick save works. An easy “back button” press and accept with “A” and in about 3 seconds your back in the action. Use this to your advantage and use it frequently. Just don’t forget you have a “real” game save under the “start button” options that you can use (just in case you mess up and do a quick save instead of a load game like I did).

There are no map or direction indicators to guide you but they do a pretty good job with the use of locked doors (indicated with a red light) and unlocked doors (green). You also have to get data from PDA’s to gain access at certain times, but they are easy to find. You do have to keep track of where you have been, because you can get turned around.

Stereo and surround sound effects are good. If you have a good sound setup, you can hear sounds behind you or to the right and left as you turn away. It’s really cool when someone is talking to you. Very realistic. The other realistic effect is the flashlight. It comes in real handy to look in dark corners (and there are a lot of them) and it’s easy to access. The circle pattern, the circular rings and the small darker area in the center you see when you use a real flashlight are all there.

After about 5 hrs of game play, I feel like I am just getting started and I’m HOOKED.

Yea, a 3rd person view might be cool, but that is not what this game is about. Like I said before, DOOM3 is a classic 1st person shooter.

RUBUZZED?

6. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

this post is pretty new so.....why the heck are people saying this shit was just released when the game is for 1 -2 months in the rentshop and other shops...

7. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

It has been out on PC, it was leaked for the Xbox...

8. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

I already have the game for xbox, it's a good game but not better than halo...lol if you like horror game, then DOOM3 is for you.

9. drkstar

drkstar Guest

really sorry bout that

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  10. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

You're only breaking 2 forum rules with that post...

11. punqewe

punqewe Active member

any questions like that should be made in PM's only.

12. drkstar

drkstar Guest

sorry guys, i mean the game was bought and all but i was just borrowing it. i would have uninstalled it when i was done because it wont run without it anyway.

13. DynatyxXx

DynatyxXx Regular member

HELLO !?!?!?!?
    I have the game since last month.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005