1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[dot]vob help

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by w00tka, May 4, 2007.

1. w00tka

w00tka Member

Hello im new here and im hoping i came to the right place.

I have just started burning movies and such and i am loving it, my movies are AVI's and i use WinAVI Video converter to make them into .VOB format for burning using Nero.

here is my problem:

When i use WinAVI it will make 2 (or more) VOB files for that movie, while this is fine for the most part, i guess, when i play the dvd on a Playstation 2 the movie spazes out when it comes time to goto the other "half" of the movie.

quick review...
    1)I use WinAVI
    2)I burn with Nero
    3)WinAVI makes an AVI movie into multi VOB's
    4)It freaks out my PS2

Is there a way to make WinAVI NOT make multiple Vobs and just make it create one, or even a program to use after that will make the VOB's into one file.

I hope someone can help because this is just getting plain frusterating, please help if you can - if you need more info ill get it ASAP.

thank you for any/all help you can give.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The VOB's are written to the DVD as 1048544 blocks and there's no escape from that.
    Does it choke on pressed (commercial) disks, because they follow the same pattern.

3. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member

w00tka,
    How long are your avi files? Generally, a vob file should not be larger than 1G, otherwise, it cannot be burned. However, if your avi files are all very small, you can select "Merge into one title" as the output mode when converting to DVD with winavi, so that, it will only create one vob file.
    FYI: winavi recently has released a new version 8.0. Perhaps, you also can try that: http://www.winavi.com/download/winavi_video_converter_80_beta.exe