1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double sided DVD to one disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Adouble11, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

I'm having problems with Schindlers list. I did a search and everybody that had this problem- their movie was split in 2 discs. My movie I have is a double sided disc with half on one side and the rest along with extras on the other side. I just want the main movie on one disc. How do I do this considering the movie is split to different sides of the disc?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Rip the second side with Shrink to a location on your HDD. Close Shrink, flip the thing over, and Re-open Shrink. Let Shrink analyze the first side. Once it is done select reauthor and drag it over to the left window. Next, using the file browser, find the second half and place it in the left side of the re-author window. Select backup and choose your burn option. Shrink will combine the two halves and compress to fit onto a DVD-5.

3. jugbugs

jugbugs Member

I accually just did this... with great success. What I did was this.

Ripped both disks with DVD Decrypter and placed all the files into seperate folders. Then using DVD Remake Pro, I opened up both folders of the movie and did a DVD merge (accually is option under tools). Once the two discs were merged, I went through all the VTS files and removed extras. Disc merging with DVDRM adds another menu to choose between disks which would be okay if you didnt mind the intermission, but I wasn't satisfied, so I went through and removed that disc selection menu, edited the end of the first half and the start of the second half so it would play quazi-seamlessly between the two. I ended up with a 10 GB version, with both halves merged. Then I used CCE + DVDRB with CCE set to 5 passes and I honestly cant tell the difference.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  4. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

Well, I had 1 disc and the movie was split to 2 sides. I tried to use Shrink like stated above but the main movie came out to about 40%, so I just made the movie into 2 discs- one side being one disc and the other side being another. Thanks for the help though. Is there any free software that merges DVD's or puts 2 to 1 ?

5. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

you can rip to HD with any program and use nero to combine them, i had the same thing with Stephen Kings IT and this worked fine, no menus of course but they werent any good anyways.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Adouble11
    Check out the guide at my site for making a DVD10 disk fit on to a DVD5 disk the link is in my signature. :)

7. Sonydorta

Sonydorta Member

Hello everyone. I was trying to burn a bouble sided DVD movie Sleepers into 1 dvd. I accomplished it just fine with all the instructions above. I was just wondering one thing is their any way to eliminate the intermission in between. How can you make the movie connect to the 2nd part of the movie without blackouts in between. I did dvd with DVD Shrink very easy to use. I also have DVD xCopy, DVD Decryptor and Clone DVD. Let me know if I can eliminate the blackout with any of these programs. Thanks alot

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

9. Sonydorta

Sonydorta Member

Thnks for the response but it does not let me combine the movies when I do the start and end it only lets me do it to each individual section does not let me do it to combine both sections. Still plays the whole first part of the movie perfect but then there is an intermission (black screen for a couple of minutes) before it starts the 2nd half. what other suggestions do u have for me to get rid of this

10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Do your start and end frames to edit what you want and run it through Shrink and save it to a file then go back and open this file and use it to join.

11. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

The whole key to doing this is, as arniebear mentioned, is putting the second half of the movie in a file on your hard drive.

The reason for this is so you can load it into Shrink at the correct time. You need the second half last so it should be prepared first.

Using Shrink's "Set start/end frames" feature simply lets you trim away any unwanted black screen or anything else you don't want from each half, as needed.

So the very first thing you would do is to process the second half of the movie, saving it to a folder on your hard drive. Don't worry about trimming it yet. That happens later.

Once that is completed, close Shrink and reopen it again. This time you want the first side or half of the movie. Once the movie has completed analyzing, select Reauthor and drag the main title (usually Title 1) over to the left. Open the Set start/end frames feature and use the sliders to trim away any black screen at the end of the first half.

Next you begin the join process.

On the right, Click on the DVD Browser tab if it is not open and use the browser to find the folder you made earlier. You need to double click your way around...That's just the way this feature works.

Once you find your first file select it and then drag it to the left window. What you end up with looks like this:

Title 1
    Tile 1(2)

With Title 1(2) still selected, open the Set start/end frames feature again. This time around, you want to trim any black video from the start of the title. Make sense?

Once you are done with that, Select OK to close the Set start/end frames feature and you can proceed as usual. When you begin the encoding process Shrink will combine both trimmed titles. If you were careful while trimming the join should be almost unnoticeable. Try playing the movie at the joined area using Shrink's preview window and see how it looks. You can always go back and adjust it as needed. Once you are satisfied with it, Start the backup and burning process.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member