1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloaded movies

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by rubbs, May 1, 2005.

1. rubbs

rubbs Guest

I have problem, then I download the movie it a good copy plays great on computer,but the I derypt and shrink then use imgtool to burn it to dvd.The sound is before the scene. I am very new at this so if anyone help me?

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Usually, after a DVD ripping, it appears a output .TXT file which shows, among the other stuff:

0x80 - AC3 - English 6 ch. 48 kHz - Delay: XXX ms
    0x81 - AC3 'other languages'....

from that line (or 'by ear') you should be able to know which ms of delay you must add to make A/V in sync.

Please note: the .VOB you extract is always in sync. It's the .M2V file which sometimes has a delay between the (AC3) audio stream. Usually the delay is not zero, but some hundreds of ms.

I don't know which type of sound you add to the M2V video by your DVD authoring application (WAV, AC3, MTA, DTS..), but there are many ways to 'delete' such delay, either during authoring or adding a delay in a new audio file so the resulting file you make has 0 delay.

The procedure depends on which authoring application you have.
    I cannot help you, since maybe I don't know well the authoring application you use (I use ReJig v0.5e, which has an explicit box [bold]delay ... ms[/bold] written just over the audio stream).

I hope this answer is enough..

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  3. rubbs

rubbs Guest

Thanks I'll try that, do you now of a good program that will edit the movie to have a better picture some are too black in the background ect...

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

No, sorry. Try to ask to the DVD forum...but remember: you can increase the ripping quality, but you cannot increase the quality of an already-done rip. Remember: garbage in = garbage out.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  5. rick1234

rick1234 Member

Hey, does aybody kow how to delete the dual language or whatever its called, from a movie, i downloaded this movie, and u can hear them talking in the background, but somebody wet over it in liek spanish???does anybody kow what to do

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Sounds like you are just using a player that doesn't support multiple audio streams.