1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downloading and backing up PC games.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wheelstb, Mar 21, 2007.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I'm looking to get into PC gaming, but first I would like to know how to go about backing up a game and playing the backup.
    Could I use a site like isohunt or bit torrent to download the file and then use winRAR to extract the image than burn the image onto a disk and be good to go?

I've heard about having to use a virtual drive or an emulator to get the backups to play can someone please explain that?

Also do most new games require you to enter some kind of serial number or password before you can completely install and play the backup?

I know that most newer online games like warcraft require some kind of password but I'm really not interested in playing games online.

Thanks.

2. NHOJ

NHOJ Member

If you ever get it figured out let me know.Im trying to learn how to do the samething,and it is hard.First i downloaded the game then it took me about two days to find serial key.when i finialy got the serial key i thought i was done.Boy was i wrong.............Next it kept telling me that it couldnt detect the disc........I think its better to just go out and buy the disc.I been back'n up my XBOX and Ps2 games since day one but these PC games are a whole diffrent story.

3. pstamer

pstamer Guest

wheelstb: You'd be better off using a virtual drive. Try Daemon Tools; just google it. All you do is install the program and your pc will appear to have and extra disc drive in it; but it's only for isos. The drive will run in the background. Just click mount and it will take you to the directory where you have your iso and blamm! your in business. That's what I've been doing for years. I do the same thing for console emulators. I would backup all my isos to a data dvd disc. Hope this helps.