1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS Fireline Card - Error: Open xmenu.dat error!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jackoh, Sep 14, 2008.

1. jackoh

jackoh Member

I purchased what appeared to be a genuine Firecard in Malaysia with 100 games pre-installed. It worked fine for my 9 year old daughter until today when this error message appeared Error: Open xmenu.dat error!

From what I gather this is because XMENU.DAT file has been deleted and there are instructions on this great site of how to fix that. I need clarification. Might sound stupid, but how do I fix it - guess I need a card reader - an SD one, then I can down load the fix - can you confirm? Having done this, will all the games still be there & my beautiful little girl will hopefully be able to use again! Not upset yet, but will be if I can't fix & I'm pretty hopeless!!

Are there any tricks i need to look out for - don't want to do more damage!!

2. ReggDegg

ReggDegg Member

jacko
    When you bought the firecard, did you also recieve the firecard adaptor, which plugs into the other DS slot, and a USB cord to link the DS to your PC?
    If you do not have these things, there is nothing that can be done to fix your card.
    If you buy another N-card/Firecard from a proper seller(costing about $25/£14)you'll get these things included, then you can have 2 working cards.

3. warbspeed

warbspeed Member

I can supply you a new firecard adapter & USB, the file you need & instructions on use.
    I can also point you in the direction of where to get games.
    PM me.