1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ds lite hinge proplems :S

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by aki09, Nov 5, 2011.

1. aki09

aki09 Regular member

Hi thr the hinge on my kids ds lite has broken.The top screen part just flaps about and won't stay up. It seems to wobble about more at the right side hinge. I have been searching for reapairs but could some one tell me if i need to get the full replacment housing shell or just Nintendo DS Lite Barrel Hinge Pin Set i have seen on a console parts site ?
    i am also planning on getting an r4i card and put like maybe 100 games on it wld a 4 gig be my best bet for 100 games? can u still go on online or do updates if i do this and game roms with updats if my on was to update say wld it brick my ds or stop the games playing and if this was the cas is thr somthing out thr for the ds like priiloader for the wee that can stop the updates ? thanks for any help :)

2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

You won't worry about the update on DS Lite.
    There is no firmware on DS Lite, so don't worry about it.

And, yeah, 100 games just need 4g microSD.

3. aki09

aki09 Regular member

nice one thanx so is that only with the lite u dont need to worry about the update what about other models wld u till be able to go online and if it asks to update it will still be ok?

4. steo2k8

steo2k8 Active member

There's a way around DSi 1.4.3 firmware for the acekard 2i but the new 3ds is one to watch out for with the firmware releases.

EDIT: A lot of the ds lite consoles hinges break on the right side and most times just come off altogether and rip the ribbon cable that's on the left. Usually the back right cracks and you need a new top front to repair it which means completely taking apart the whole DS to do. You have to be very careful not to tear the ribbon cable on the top screen or break the touch screen clasp if you do take it apart. Ripping the cable means you need a new top screen and breaking the clasp means you turned it into a paperweight unless you have a spare motherboard. Just be careful and watch a tutorial if you're going to fix the top half of it.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  5. aki09

aki09 Regular member

thanks alot for ur help ill take care when doing it thanx