1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSTT error code -4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by lazyber, Nov 19, 2010.

1. lazyber

lazyber Member

Hi!

Recently, I tried to download a game and put it on my DSTT. However, after putting the file in my card, it forced me to change/update the firmware. So, I did. But then the card said there was a malfunction: more specifically, "error code -4". Now, my DS doesn't work, nor do the games on the DSTT card. I tried plugging the DS/card into my computer, but the icon doesn't even show up, as if the computer does not recognized the card. Does anyone have any ideas about how I fix this? I know its probably a firmware problem, but I'm not sure how I can get a better firmware for my DS/DSTT when my computer won't even recognize the card.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

Well , you'd better tell me what the URL on the packaging is .

3. lazyber

lazyber Member

I got the DSTT from the official website. So, it's not fake or anything. It's worked fine for a long time, until after this incident...

4. lazyber

lazyber Member

Here's a clearer explanation about what happened...i download the new cooking mama world hobby and fun and put it on my sd card then when i tried to load it, this appeared on the screen : loading error. errcode:-4 please restart. then i look up online at other forums and it told me to update my firmware to unofficial v1.17a12 and i did. after that my menu was all funny; the list of the games where all gibberish. Cooking mama worked, but the other games i had on the card didnt anymore. and i downloaded a menu call ysmenu or something. then my sd malfunctioned then it broke...after i changed the menu error code=-82 appear

5. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

6. lazyber

lazyber Member

7. lazyber

lazyber Member

Thanks for the link, but I also forgot to mention that i only have a DS not a DSi. Sorry for not being specific! I guess i've been leaving a lot of details out...sorry again!