1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DuoX 2 modchip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, Feb 21, 2007.

1. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Ok i was jus wonderin if i could do the hotswap Evox Hard drive install thing with this modchip. If so, lemme know nd i also wanted to know if DuoX 2 id worth Buying.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

3. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

Ok , i got it. I bought the chip, now i was reading the tutorial and BANG ! where do i get those wires from anyway ? They didnt come with the DUOX 2 Modchip ! Do i have to find and buy them or something because it took me hell jus to find this chip. Oh and do u know where i can find a Beginers tutorial because ive never used a soldering iron before.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  4. steimy

steimy Active member

to be honest, if you have never soldered i would have a professional install it.
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/modding-the-xbox-w-a-duox2-cromwell-flashbios-modchip-t2845.html
    As far as the wires just ask around to people who have installed them here. They can tell you. Usually they use two different guages for the install and most electronics stores would have them.

If you have the right version Xbox you may want to look into the pin header install which lookes a bit easier.

5. vegeta999

vegeta999 Member

OK ! Thnx ! Dang, i cant believe they dont put them in the pack. By any chance, do u know wat the wires are called so i know what exacly im looking for ?

6. steimy

steimy Active member

i can tell you what they use for PS2 mod chips.
    Needed supplies:

Philips Screwdrivers
    Solder
    Knife (optional)
    Pliers (optional)
    AWG 30 for ground and power points (suggested)
    AWG 22 for other points (suggested)
    15 Watt Soldering Iron (suggested)
    Wire Stripper
    Desolder Braid (optional)
    Hot Glue Gun (optional)

http://www.gocybershopping.com/customer/product.php?productid=579&cat=0&page=4
    you may want to ask someone who installs them what type of solder they prefer.