1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd 2 avi wav creation problems

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by abader, Jan 27, 2002.

1. abader

abader Member

When using dvd to avi, saving project happens unusually fast, about 5 minutes, and then i discover theat no wav file was created. this only happens with some movies like the last of the mohicans, but other movies like the animal create the wav. what am i doing wrong?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Hmm.. Haven't experienced this myself, but I would assume that some discs don't have DTS audio and it somehow causes issues for DVD2AVI. Try to manually select the audio type to something else than DTS and see if it helps.

3. abader

abader Member

how can i manually switch audio in dvd2avi? i searched all the menus and stuff

4. tatsu

tatsu Guest

hey, i have a problem i have version 1.76 and in the audio menu i don't have the mp3 compress option. so what is wrong.

5. dRD

tatsu: DVD2AVI doesn't have MP3 compression feature, just some later hacked versions have it, v1.76 is The Original version, everything released after that is made by 3rd party developers, not the original author.

And MP3 compression of DVD2AVI is not really necessary and not even recommended to use -- if you want to have MP3 audio for DivX use, you get the WAV out of DVD2AVI and use CDEx to encode and normalize it into MP3 using latest LAME routines. For VCDs, MP3 is wrong format, because VCDs (and SVCDs) use MP2 instead.

6. tatsu

tatsu Guest

thanks see i had download a PDF that walked me through the parts i didn't understand. and it told me to use the mp3 compresser but now that i know not to use it i will try to find another way to add sound to it. well i don't know what to do about the sound and after that dyou know any good sites i can go to for references.

7. dRD

8. PapaRoach

PapaRoach Guest

Hey i have a problem with DVD2AVI
    i'm quite new to these things.
    i've already ripped the VOB files onto my HD.
    now i need to make them in to DivX files.
    i'm using DVD2AVI as i already said above.
    The problem is after i saved the AVI file, the WAV file is seperated from the AVI file.
    and i've already checked the AVI file, it has no sound at all.
    how do i add sound to them?
    thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2002
  9. dRD

Look at our DVD->DivX guide at our article section and you get the idea...