1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner no longer recognizes audio cds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tenpenny, Feb 16, 2005.

1. tenpenny

tenpenny Member

I have been using my dvd burner for a few months with out problems, burning both dvds and cds.

then a couple of nights ago I tried to add a new cd for my ipod and it did not recognize the disk in the drive. under properties/ size it seemed to think it was a blank disk!

I took same disk to another pc - worked fine. so I converted the tracks to aac format and burned them to a disk to put on the library on original pc. same problem - did not pick up anything!

It still burns dvds fine, but I tried a cd i had done previously, it did not read that either!!

anyone have same problem? shed some light? thanks

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I had the same problem a while ago, well actually it was my cd/dvd burner that didn't read Dvd's. I sent it back to the manufactuer and they said it was on it's way out. They replaced it for free since it was under warr still. I'm not sure but it sounds like you might need a new one. BTW my drive was only 1 1/2 months old.

3. tenpenny

tenpenny Member

OK, thanks for that, I have arranged a replacement, mine was only a few months old as well! - it wasn't made by BTC was it?!?