1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burner problems..

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by sixways, Oct 10, 2004.

1. sixways

sixways Member

i have installed my nu tech dvdrw ddw-082 dvd burner. into my new computer. it worked fine with my old computer running windows 98 se. now i have xp i dont know if that has to do with the problem but when i try to burn an image onto a blank dvd-r everything seems fine. then before writing anything on the disk it ejects the cd and says image file loading aborted. when copying a ps2 game same thing happens.. i have no clue what to do. ive already updated to the latest firmware for my drive. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance. i think it might be how i set up the jumpers but im not sure.
    ive tried using nero 6 and alcohol 120%

specs..

Hp pavilon
    Intel pentium 4
    2.27 ghz
    512 mb of ram
    windows xp home
    Hard drive-106gb 54gb free

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi sixways, here is how most members set up the IDE drives. Primary IDE channel should have your main HD with your OS on it set as MASTER. Secondary IDE channel should have your dvd burner drive set as MASTER on it. Any other HD's, cd burners or rom drives set to SLAVE on either IDE channel. Check in your device manager that all IDE channels and drives are set to DMA not PIO. You can't copy dvd movies or games without some sort of decrypter to rip it to the HD first before burning back to your blank dvd. Nero and Alcohol can't do that by themselves.

Jerry

3. sixways

sixways Member

thank you for your response, everythings set to dma. and its not just coping it any kind of burning. i just dont get it, this same dvd burner worked with my old crappy computer and it wont work on this it wont burn anything.. it shows up in my computer.. should i just get a new one? if so which one is reliable?
    thank you