1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burning Fails

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bavan, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Bavan

Bavan Member

Well hello I have been having this problem for about a mouth. I can burn a dvd after I used dvdshrink and my computer has been shutdown for about 3 hours. But if I try to burn while the computer is still warm it gets to about 80% and the i get the error. It never had this problem till late november and I probly burned close 100 movies. Now everytime i try to burn the DVD files on nero, it fails saing "focous or tracking error". I made DVD iso file with DVDShrink, and tried to burn it with Nero, but it also fails saing the same message "focous or tracking error". So i tried a different method, i tried to burn the dvd iso file with DVD Decrypter, it fails saing "cant read scene". i have 80GB HD with 50 GB left.mp pc is P4, and have 256 ram. do u think is fails bacause my computer is always on? if u know the answer, please mail me at tamil_tiger1@hotmail.com

Thank You

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Focus or Tracking errors are mostly caused by poor quality disc's.

They can also be caused by burner with a dirty lens.
    A burner that is over heating.
    A failing burner.

Use good quality disc's.
    Use a lens cleaner disc.
    Make sure your computer has good ventilation.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Forum rules!! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

10. Don't post your email address to the forums! Spambots love dumb forum users who post their email addresses to public sites and grab those addresses and you will soon discover the wonders of penis enlargement kits and other really useful products posted daily to your inbox.

4. Zapattack

Zapattack Member

Interesting that it fails at 80%. Same thing happening
    with CD burning (check Google). My experience using
    Roxio or Nero. Work-around: set burn speed manually, not
    Auto. I personally think the cause is an XP update because a friend has identical problem (burning hangs with no timeout). My burner LG combo, other a Dell (new).

5. Bavan

Bavan Member

i think i update my xp, then it later my dvd failed burning...... could it be the reason?.......

6. Bavan

Bavan Member

i tried claning my lens......i did everything for my dvd burner....... when i burn cd's, it workd fine, it only fails when i burn dvd's. i tried all the programs, it fails at abt 70-80 % complete..... so i thought that there is something rong with my computer, so i format it. it still fails when i burn with dvd drcrypter.... i tried every possible option...maybe cuz am using Msonic DVD-R. or something wrong with my burner..... do u think something physicall rong with my dvd burner?....plz help meee.....

Bavan

7. Zapattack

Zapattack Member

Trying a different brand of disk is always a
    good idea, preferably a name brand. As previously
    mentioned, cleaning the lens is a good idea, too.
    If you think your computer is too hot, just remove
    the case or a side panel. Then you can check all the
    fans for dust. A floor location is bad for dust, but good
    for cooling. Is yours on a desk?
    Heat will cause the burner to expand or twist possibly mis-aligning the laser just enough to fail on poor quality blanks. 70-80% is about where the
    lead-out is written. Did you try burning at slow speed?

8. Bavan

Bavan Member

i found out that there is something wrong with my burner........ i gave it to the place where i baught from and they r going to fix it or they will geve me a new dvd burner... thats nice to hear after all these days of headage...

9. Bavan

Bavan Member

i have a VIDEO_TS file on my computer........ it has only 1 .ifo file and 3 .vob file. if i burn that to a dvd-r , then would it work on the dvd players?