1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd burns dosent playback

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rammuch71, Apr 22, 2005.

1. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

ok so i have a movie file with vts/bup/ifo and video ts files all playable and listed as a Nero showtime file and it works well on the computer i tried to burn a copy for my dvd player with dvd shrink for the TV and the player said incorrect disk then i tried using Nero burning rom by dropping the files to the video-ts folder the burn went well but got the same issue i can only play the file on my cpu adn the dvd that was burned doesnt play on the cpu either not even in nero i also checked and it has a udf format(not sure what that is yet) i am not sure what i am doing wrong and this is not the first set of Nero showtime files that i have done this with it does the same with the other files of the same type i try to burn, any ideas on how to get a working copy form these types of files or tell me what i am doing wrong in addition i have also tried to burn a copy with DVD Shrink with no success please help

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I'm not familiar with Nero Showtime, but I am with DVD Shrink.

DVD Shrink does not burn. What happens exactly when you try with Shrink? What errors do you get? Is this a store-bought DVD or did you download it or is it a home video or what? Also what are your computer specs? Processor speed, RAM, hard drive space, burner model?

Big one here: What blank media are you trying to use?

3. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

the weird thing is i dont get any errors when i burn the dvd i t is a downloaded movie filefrom the net and my system has a 2.6g pentium with a gig of ram 120 gig harddrive and a brand new memorex 16x burner i dont believe the system is the problem its pretty up to date when the dvd finishes burning though a cd writing wizard comes up and says the files were writen but cant compleate you know the one where you try to burn data through windows and asks what you want to do next but i get no real errors and i am using tdk 8x dvd-r media for my disks

4. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

p.s. and the burner was able to burn a good copy from img file which isnt the same type of files i am having the issue, the img file was burned with decrypter so its not the dvd burner that has the issue so does anyone have any ideas please help i have one too many coasters already

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

check out the link to bbmayo's site in my sig. He's got a good guide on how to use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. That should work for you. If it doesn't, it's probably something to do with your system. But I do think it's in your process. Also might not be a bad idea to get some RW media so you don't make coasters while experimenting.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try loading the vob/ifo/bup film to dvd shrink to see if it will except it!

if it does you can output to dvd decrypter in shrink settings to burn it!

7. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

ok this is where i stand with this actually got a working dvd that will play on the cpu by loading the files into shrink and burning with decrypter, by having shrink make an iso image, however it wont play on the dvd player for the television i am missing some step to do it right my dvd for the tv says incorrect disk let me know what you think

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sounds like your dvd player doesn't like the media you are using. If you go here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php you should be able to find out if your player is supposed to be able to play the discs you are trying to use.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok, on first glance like said above it could be the standalone player doesnt like the discs used! its very common place...

you need to check that fact out! also to note that some players like + format and some like - format better! so need to check that out to...

and finally you say its a download? well it could be an NTSC trying to play on a PAL player? or visa versa! some players wont except the other format!

so need to convert it!

10. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

ok i have ruled out the fact of it being the disks because i have burned img files and they work fine so thats not it how do i find out what format the files are maybe that will help

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

What are img files? Rotary might be on the ball with the NTSC/PAL thing.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

img is snother type of file like ISO a sort of wrapper of al types of files in one - and not P-Daddy (wrapper) hehehe

use gspot app load file to tell you what it is! or a simpler app is avicodec!

13. rammuch71

rammuch71 Guest

hey thanks for everyones help GSpot definaitly gave me the answer i was looking and you were right the file was in PAL format so thanks for the help