1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Copy 3 Won't Open

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by danulhart, Mar 27, 2005.

1. danulhart

danulhart Member

Good Morning

I downloaded and installed the trial version of this software, but unfortunately I keep getting the dreaded "application encountered a problem and needs to close" error message when I try and open the program.

I'll get the obvious stuff out of the way: I am running a Sony Vaio P4 2Ghz with 512 RAM and 80 GB HD. Windows XP Home SP2. I did upgrade Direct X to 9.0c as instructed by the Intervideo site. I have tried uninstall/reinstall several times, and have redownloaded/installed the software as well. Nothing works. I keep getting the same error message every time.

I have searched this and other forums to see if anyone has a similar problem but haven't been able to find anything useful. I am thinking that I have some type of compatability issue with software and/or XP SP2, but I'm mainly just guessing.

Any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. mvtip

mvtip Guest

I had the same problem when I downloaded the program the first time.

Intervideo recommends turning off your antivirus program and I think your firewall when you download the trial software. I did that and everything works fine for me.

3. danulhart

danulhart Member

Well, I have officially given up. I have tried everything. I did a complete system recovery/software reinstall and even that didn't work. The tech support people at Intervideo agree that it is likely a software or system conflict, but they have no idea why or what. I guess the upside is that I have a shiny clean OS now - not that I really wanted to do all that work...;-)

If anyone figures out how to make this software work on a Sony Vaio PCV-RX752, I'mm all ears.

thanks