1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd covers/printing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DvEvl, Jul 1, 2003.

1. DvEvl

DvEvl Member

Feel silly asking this question,But i'm clueless with this subject

anyways,Ive tried several different appz for printing dvd covers.All of em them give me similair results.

Its not printing the entire picture,Its cutting off about a half of inch on one end.

should i have to specify a certain size for it to print somehwere in printer properties?

ive printed regular cd covers for years and never ran into this(Just got into the dvd thing)

tia

2. DvEvl

DvEvl Member

Might have figured it out.

seems like i need bigger paper.

I have 8.5"X11"

seems if i had 8.5"X14" i would be all set.

what sizes do you all use?

3. scottvf

scottvf Guest

I use regular paper. I have windows xp. and use Power desk (works like window explorer) and double click on picture. Then Windows picture and fax viewer pops up. At the bottom click on the printer icon. Then then hit next. Then select the picture (it will show thumbnails of all pictures in that folder) Click next, then layout selection pops up. Here you can choose full page fax print.(this works the best) I get the pictures from here --> http://www.cdcovers.cc/covers.php

4. DvEvl

DvEvl Member

thanks for the reply.

Same results if i use windows picture viewer actually.

I dont know why but i belive the only way this is going to work is if i get bigger paper.

5. easydisk

easydisk Guest

I too use cdcovers.cc and to print to the covers I download I do this:
    open the image in a photo program (I use photoexpress) and trun the image so that it is the same orientation as your paper. resize the picture to 27.2 mm in hight, the width should resize to the relative aspect automatically, then print it from the photo program, it should be fine, costly on the old printer ink though!

6. rob12770

rob12770 Guest

nero cover designer is good, but never put a sticky label on a dvdr as MANY standalone dvd players dont like it and will fusk up towards the and of the movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2003
  7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I never add a label either !!

And Nero Cover Designer is pretty cool...have used a good few times
    Especially for track reference when burning .mp3 to .cda (CD Audio)

8. carlitob

carlitob Regular member

there is a prog called cover xp it did a great job for me http://www.coverxp.com/main.asp

I stopped making covers for all my DVD's though. It is a waste of money. 2 new printer cartridges 45$ they lasted me about 25-30 covers in color, btw you have to use legal size paper to get the whole cover to fit nicely on a amerie case.