1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0 won't write, help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mlw52, Mar 5, 2005.

1. mlw52

mlw52 Member

Hi everyone. I was using dvd decryter 3.5.1.0 with no problems except dual layer and a dvd that is giving everyone problems. So i up graded to the new 3.5.2.0 version to see if it was better. I am very sorry now because i can't write to dvds since doing so. I also downloaded the new dvd43 that boasted of great success in aiding to copy a movie I have but couldn't do so. Now I can't write at all. Does any one know why the decrypter writes incomplete and wastes dvd+r's for me? Do I need to change some settings? I was using dvd shrink and the 3.5.1.0 decrypter with no problems before, accept for dual layer and the Forgotten. Is there a place i can get the 3.5.1.0 decrypter download back or a fix for the latest 3.5.2.0 decrypter problem? Help...any suggestions?
    Thank you.

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Can you write with any other programs. You should re-install DVD Decrypter. I have never had any problems w/3.5.2.0 or writing dual layer. Check the device manager for both the writer and the IDE channel it is on.

Edit: Re-install the driver for the writer and get the lastest firmware.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005
  3. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

Get the newest version of Nero Enterprise Edition, works good with DVDShrink.

4. mlw52

mlw52 Member

Thank you both for your help. I uninstalled both dvd decrypter 3.5.2.0 and dvd43. Then I reinstalled dvd decrypter 3.5.2.0 and adjusted a couple of the settings. One was in the ISO write mode, changing it to DVD instead of auto. The other adjustments were to
    remove IFO/BUP PUOs in the file mode and ISO read sections. I also made certain that my dvd writer and the correct media were showing. It worked then. I'm not sure which did the trick, but it works so far in the write mode. I don't usually use the read mode. I use dvd shrink for that first. Is there a better way? I mean should I be doing something different with the two applications I am using now? I may give Nero a try some day but up until now dvd decrypter has done an excellent job at writing for me. Do I really need DVD43 to use with decrypter? If so, why?
    Thanks again Noqoilpi and Adouble11 !

5. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

To date I have only needed DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. Shrink will not work for some new DVDs. Just use Decrypter first, and then Shrink. The Set Start/End Frames will be important on these (see guide). They have just made it inconvenient.
    Nero? I tried it, but did not keep it. I use the Sonic that came w/Dell for other writing apps. Nero has some nice features, but I did not have the time to invest in learning to use it. I seems to give a number of users trouble. Personally I did not like it installing itself as the default app for everything it could get a hold of!

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/reccomended.html

http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

6. mlw52

mlw52 Member

Noqoilpi...thank you so very much! This will come in very handy. I'll have to learn to set the end /start times. Haven't done that yet. Really...Thanks so much. I need more education on these applications.