1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by snoopin, Apr 22, 2005.

1. snoopin

snoopin Member

I have searched on this forum about this software program and I have yet to find my answer, so with that said, I hope someone can answer it.

Situation as I understand: I have set up my dvd decrypter and shrink as instructed per (scuba) in many of the past forum questions. My shrink is used 1st to encode and shrink dvd (if necessary, etc) and afterwards Decrypter opens up and burns the file.

Question: After Shrink has done its task and Decrypter begins to burn the movie, does Decrypter also eliminate any CSS encryption on this ISO file as it is burning the movie?

Summing it up: Should I decrypt movie 1st with Decrypter, then use Shrink to "shrink" movie then use Decrypter to burn ISO image on blank DVD? I do use DVD Region + CSS free in background.
    Anyway your input would be greatly appreciated!

2. colw

colw Active member

Shrink also removes CSS protection so if you have ripped/encoded with Shrink first, there is no need for Decrypter to do anything other than burn the ISO file.

For a large majority of movies (except the newer ACRoss protected ones) it is possible to use Shrink only and burn with another program such as Nero.

3. snoopin

snoopin Member

Thank you!

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Dvd shrink and the burning program from either dvd decrypter or nero will do approximately 90-95% of all movies.It's a very fine combo with me,as I have separate dvd-rom and dvd-rw drives. The other newer releases,most recently House of flying daggers and spanglish, must use the newest version of dvd decrypter.Anydvd by slysoft will help shrink rip these newer encryptions.It's a very nice background ripper,free 21 day trial, Or just use dvd decrypter: Using it in file mode/then dvd shrink/then burn with your program.

The main thing,you may want to know which program you are burning with. Many members think dvd shrink has it's own burner. NOT! It simply pulls out those files to "Autoburn" with Nero or dvd decrypter. In case you have both those burning programs like I do, Simply:
    Open up dvd shrink
    Edit
    Preferences
    Click File I/O tab and you'll see a box for enable burn with nero.Just tick it if you do have nero,untick if only dvd decrypter/then OK.

Good Luck, if any more questions,just come on back.