1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Happyshit, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Happyshit

Happyshit Member

I am a newbie at this so please excuse the possible silliness of these questions.
    My first question is how do I take a video file that I have downloaded and converted into DVD format and put it into Decrypter?
    Secondly, if the movie has been dld at say 788 mg and converted to dvd format at say 2 gig, how do I fit it to a disk so that it burns on the whole disk and not just half of the disk?
    Is this possible or have I missed something in my reading of forums. Everyone wants to shrink their discs but I would like to expand them, can this be done?
    Thank you for your time and patience.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well...... Newbie is the right title for you...... don't take it the wrong way....... We are all newbies till we learn! You've come to the right place!

ConvertXToDVD is a great program that will convert your AVI files to DVD Compliant files ready for burning! If you set it correctly it will also burn your DVD! Or you can just let the program convert your AVI or MPG files to the hard drive and then load them up in DVDDecrypter and burn! the free version of ConvertXToDVD leaves a watermark logo on the final product.... but you can test it out and see if you like it......

NeroVission can also convert your files to DVD compliant files and then burn it!

and I'm sure there are plenty of other programs that others know to convert your AVI or MPG files to DVD compliant files ready for burning.

now you say you want to change the way a DVD is written to disk.... well I suggest you try to change the standard of DVD writing. If your file is less than 4.36G (in your example: 2G) then it will only fill up the disk about half way. Unless you change the bitrate to expand the file to a larger file..... but that's really getting into details on DVDs and writing..... which I don't think you want to get into..... Keep it simple..... if the movie won't fill the whole DVD and you are getting good quality.... then try adding 2 movies onto one DVD (say two 2G movies):
    guide for DVDRemake for merging 2 dvds or flipper disks:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/201805

guide for Nero Recode .. multiple movies:
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/44/59/

guide for shrink ... multiple movies:
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/..._dvd_shrink.cfm

guide for DVD2ONe:
    http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/29/59/

3. Happyshit

Happyshit Member

Thank you for your response. I think it helped although I now have another question.

How does bitrate work? Is it the higher the number the more compression or the other way around?

Once again thank you for your time

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

sorry..... I keep everything simple..... I use my programs and do things that keep me burning! I don't dive into bitrates and stuff and try to change things that already work for me. If you want to know more about bitrates I suggest you start a new thread asking your question so others can answer you better. try googling
    and see what you come up with.

5. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

the simple answer is the higher the bitrate, the more detail/informaion in the file or MP3 or whatever you doing. also of course more detail takes up more space.

6. Happyshit

Happyshit Member

Thanx for all your help. I have looked around and found some interesting stuff so will keep reading and expanding my knowledge.