1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd doesnt fit using dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bob14, Oct 8, 2004.

1. bob14

bob14 Member

i am trying to burn a dvd using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. the problem is that after dvd shrink analyzes the dvd it shows that there isnt enough space on the blank dvd to copy it all. does anyone know how to help me with this. the compression level is all the way down also
    thanks

2. bfallona

bfallona Guest

What version of Shrink are you using. I find it to be a 1 stop program. Just pop in your DVD and click backup. I copy to hard drive first and delete the foreign language stuff and extras if I need to although I haven't had to.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go into the Shrink settings and set the target size to 4300. That should make it fit. You can also manually select the extras one at a time and set the compression all the way down on them so the main movie is better.

Jerry
    Keep an eye on the green bar, if any red shows you need to play with it more till its all green.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

to make the movie fit without removing extras etc, simply encode the disc to hard drive by ignoring the 'file too big' warning. Then open those files with shrink and re-encode. That will make it fit, and look like rubbish IMHO

I personally would re-author, do movie only backup removing all subtitles bar 1, remove all sound streams bar 1, and cutting out the credits. This will have a 3 hour movie looking quite good

Also pays to use the new 'quality' features in shrink, and run deep analysis