1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD drive buring too slow

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by gwizard, Feb 24, 2005.

1. gwizard

gwizard Member

Hi there,

I have a DL Sony oem dvd rw (DW-D22A) which I have been using for a few months now and all was well with it until recently. I can't be sure exactly what is I've done because I have done a few things to my machine that could have effected this. I've installed daemon tools, DivX and entech's powerstrip but they have now been removed. I also removed the PnP Bios Extension in Device Manager to remove the virtual drive.

So to get to the point:

I am using datawrite 8x grey top dvd-r's, which i have used for many months and never had a problem with them.

The drive seems to be ok. I tested it in another computer and it worked fine.

I have no idea why this is happening. Can anybody help me?

Many thanks.

gwizard

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go into your device manager and check the IDE channel controllers. They may have reset to PIO mode. IF so change both back to DMA. If they won't change, remove them from the list--reboot and let Windows reinstall them properly to DMA. You may also want to remove the drive itself in the device manager and have Windows reinstall it too.

3. gwizard

gwizard Member

Thank you so much. I had to remove the IDE channel but both drives are now back to DMA mode and my drive is working correctly again. I owe you a few pints for this. I've been pulling my hair out trying to fix it and nothing I tried would work. You da man! Thanks again for the help.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Glad it was one of the easy fixes. Later.

Jerry