1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd drive shot??? help please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Massive69, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Massive69

Massive69 Member

i was modding my friends xbox with and xecuter 2.6. this is the 3rd xbox i have modded. everything went fine until i tried to boot it up and the xbox turned on and off 3 times and then stayed off. i thought it was the harddrive so i switched it with mine and it did the same thing. then i tried switching the dvd drives and it worked fine. does anyone know what could have hapened to the dvd drive and if there is anyway wo fix it? if not where could i get a new drive for cheap
    thanks guys, massive

2. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

No i have no idea what happent to the dvd drive thats weird to me. is there any thing else unusual that happend? As far as getting a new one goes shop around wherever you are but also take a look at www.tigerdirect.com. its a good site. thats the american link but there in many countrys. :)

3. Massive69

Massive69 Member

yeah i have no clue either. i didnt drop it or anything, i ordered a new drive off ebay. got it for $25 (its a thompson drive,and the origional one he had was a samsung but i dont think he'll ever know the difference, lol)