1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd fails to analyze...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atmos, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Atmos

Atmos Member

My dvd fails to analyze with dvd shrink due to a sctratched disc, but the part that is scratched is after the credits, so the analyzing stops at 98%. I am wondering if there is any way I can burn or copy my movie to my computer/dvdr without having to analyze it. I can't do it with shrink if it won't analyze and decrypter fails at the very end too. Thank you.

2. ozy

ozy Regular member

Try using dvd decrypter in file mode and when you see all the files highlighted in blue on the right , go to the edit menu and select movie files + IFO files. Then rip to your hard drive. Hope it works.

3. sadsac

sadsac Guest

You could also try a little scratch and swirl remover on your original. I recently did this with success. I used Turtle Wax, but if you can buy a higher dollar brand such as Maguires, you may have that much more luck.

Sounds a little weird, waxing your dvds, but it took the scratches right out of there.

4. Atmos

Atmos Member

Ok, I actually tried to do exactly what u said Ozy, rip the movie files + IFO only, and i have tried this with other movies as well, but I can't figure out how to burn the movie after ripping those files to the hard drive, Shrink never opens it once ive done this, so maybe there's a way to burn these files that i dont know?

I am going to try the Turtle Wax out too, Thanks.

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

You have to open dvd shrink in re author mode and select your files from the browse drop down menu on the right hand side. That should work.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi atmos, welcome to aD,

The problem is that when you rip with DVDD in the "File" Mode - it puts just the IFO's, BUP's and VOB's down.

These files have to be placed into a folder called, VIDEO_TS - written exactly like that as it's case sensitive.Once all the files have been placed into that folder THEN DVD Shrink can see it and will happily process it as usual.

Here's a start to finish guide to help as well as fine tune your DVDD -

Let's take a moment to fine-tune your DVD Decrypter's settings. First, it should be version 3.5.2.0. Go to "Tools", "Settings", set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab change, "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggressive", in "File Mode", "tick" Remove IFO/BUP PUO's." For ripping in the "ISO, Read Mode", "tick" "Remove IFO/BUP PUO's" there also. in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force ~> I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes". . IMPORTANT: In the "I / O" tab, in the bottom right, "tick" the box which says, "Ignore read errors". This is an excellent setting for dealing with lightly scratched discs which may cause reading problems. We're now finished with our settings here so click "OK." There's no reason to change these settings. DVDD is good ripper right out of the box, all we did is to give it some "teeth." (Lol :)

Under "Mode" we have a choice of either File or ISO Read to rip our DVD. I like to try it in the "File" Mode. We want to create a folder named VIDEO_TS (written like that ~> case sensitive) as a destination location.

Then pick it up using DVD Shrink "Open Files" and process as usual. The main page S/B self explanatory - Now, go rip our happy heart out - :)

OK, iffin you need a new version (Jan. 05, '05)
    Here it is -
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Cheers,

Pete

7. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

the reason they fail to open in shrink is because you need more files for shrink to open it. when you use decrypter go to edit and click (select main movie files) then you will need to hold Ctrl and also check the .bup file that goes with the main movie files and you will need to also check the VIDEO_TS files at the top and then shrink will open it i have done this many times and they come out fine.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  8. Atmos

Atmos Member

Ok, first off thanks for the support Scuba Steve and others...my settings on DVDD are just how you told me and I have the (case sensitive) folder VIDEO_TS, but dvd shrink still wouldnt open these files. I don't know why this is, but anyway, I did open the movie in re-author mode and burn just the main movie anyway.

9. Atmos

Atmos Member

Rhino just for future reference, how do you select those movie files that u want, without selecting all of them or a bunch of files together?

I just tried to hold shift and click more files, and it just selected a bunch in groups.

10. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

sorry i meant to put Ctrl not shift

11. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Another 2-cents

When working with dual movies i.e. "Two Evil Eyes" with 2 stories on 1 disc OR an episodel disc i.e. "Sex in the City" - I use Mode, ISO to get every neuance of the disc (which sometimes only copies the largest movie).

Then go to DVD Shrink - File - Open Disc Image and Shrink will pick it up to process as usual -

@Atmos,

Who, pray tell, is Scuba Steve ? ?

12. sadsac

sadsac Guest

[​IMG]

Scuba Steve's in the little kid's hand. The poster of that message must have been burning "Big Daddy".

Adam Sandler also dressed up like Scuba Steve in the movie.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2005
  13. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Let's see.....there's Scuba Pete, Scuba Bud, and now Scuba Steve.

Scubas to the left of me...
    Scubas to the right of me...
    Scubas to the front of me....

Guess you can't have too many Scubas. This Junior Member appreciates ALL Scubas. Thanks, Guys.

Tom

14. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Very, very kweel - I didn't know -

Thanks for the enlightenment :)