1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd fanta aldays crashes

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by elitepunk, Jan 19, 2008.

1. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

he guys can u help me when i try to convet video with subs [.srt] the program dvdsanta always crashes at 2.33 gb [the file is like 15 mins from done]

ive tried many differnt .avi's and the outcome is the same, even for ones with out subs...but something wierd is that directVOB sub always start when the video converting taking place. why does this program use directVOBsub///

-Jon.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

3. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

hi thanx works like a charm so what program do you recommend to burn the dvd files with, that supports subtitle burning/ i previewed the files and there is subititles rendered into the file so how do i burn them with anything like nero or.../

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If they the subtitles are harcoded, then it doesn't make any difference, just use DVD Flick like you normally use.
    HMMM...I have not tried to convert a file that has the subtitles in the same container with the audio/video. Just load the file in DVD Flick. It will display the video stream and audio, and if it recognizes the encapsulated subs and it shows "1 subtitle file" then you're good to go. Otherwise, use Avimux, a very small but awesome tool that will extract the subs for you in a couple easy steps. Once you have the AVI file with the audio/video, plus the subtitle file on the side, just use DVD Flick like you would normally do, adding the subbs to the project, like the guide says.

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Okay, I red your post second time...you mean how do you burn the DVD compilation that DVD Flick created?

If that was the question, then use Nero Burning Rom.:

http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

6. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

yeah i think u answered my question, ummm...i ll try to explain i burnt the files with dvd santa today and it worked my dvd player downstairs recognized the dvd and the subtitles, it opens up a whole new ballgame for foregin films for me. right on.

and i am using mostly .srt subs to convert with, but some are .idx and are a few megs.

so i guess what i should say is that would nero regognize the dvd subtitles when i burn a video dvd after i render the vob files with dvd flick/ or should i stick to dvd santa to burn the rendered files to video dvd/ [at least i know it works]

hope im not being confuseing

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

No, you are not confusing at all.If you have the idx file, you also must have an sub file for the subtitles.I do not know for sure if DVD Flick accepts SUB subtitles( I think it might).If not, the way to go is:
    -Download another subtiltes file in srt( I watch tons of Asian movies, there are many sites for subtitles download). This would be probably the fastest. If you download a different file, in srt format, test it, play it randomly to make sure it is in sync with the a/v.
    -If DVD Flick does not accept sub/idx files(I think it does, I do not have any to test with though, I only have srt), then those can be easily converted to srt.

Once you convert the AVI/mpeg...to a DVD Video compilation with subtitles and such, any DVD Video burning software will burn everything that is in your DVD compilation-audio streams, video, subtitles. The burning software does not have anything to do with the subs, just the converter(DVD Flick). So, once you have the DVD made, you can use for burning Nero, ImgBurn, DVD Decrypter...your choice.

8. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

thank you very much Cy, you explained it perfectly. i sort of figured that it encodes everything like that...my main expertise is audio, and i dont know much about video encoding.

You are soooo cool!

[once a girl said that to me...hehe, but just once.]

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Okay mister cool!
    So, did DVD Flick work with the sub/idx files? Or you did not try yet?
    Cheers!

10. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

ahhh crap, it says this message when i load the .sub files

''currently dvd flick only supports ANSI ASCII textual subtitles''

[im guessing that means only .srt]

not that i even care that much but, maybe one day who knows there will be a movie that only has .sub and .idx files, so might as well learn now how to convert to .srt do you know any way//

-cheers1

jon.

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

12. elitepunk

elitepunk Member

ok thank you CyprusRom, nice work

thanx.

13. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

No problem!
    i have been playing with all kinds of muxers and demuxers this past week. I have some pesky RMVB files with subtitles. There isn't much support for converting RMVBs to DVD, so I am trying to find the most optimal way to do it on my machine.
    Cheers, have any problems,post back!