1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Freezes

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mduke2k, Jul 2, 2003.

1. mduke2k

mduke2k Member

Hello everyone! I'm having problems playing the DVDs I'm

authoring and burning for my friends business. Particularly on my friends old Samsung DVD Player.

The disc played well, except for a few times it made the player "crash." A few other DVD-Rs from other companies skipped a little, but in this case the video froze and the only remedy to get it unstuck was to turn off the DVD player and turn it back on again (much how a computer crashes).

A number of post suggest lowering the bit rate if you have playback problems, but I have never before seen or heard of a player "crashing!" If anyone can think of something else that could be causing these "crashes," I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

I'm using Pinnacle Impression DVD Pro 2.2 to author, DVD Decrypter to burn, and Pioneer brand DVD-R media.

One more thing. I would rather not use an addional encoding software to change the bitrate, because one of the thing that attracted me to Impression was its ability import captured DV, import photoshop layer for menus, and then encode, and build the UDF image.

Thank you for your help.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well that could just be the media that you are using in the First place, what are you actually using to encode?? and what is the source movie you are encoding from?? avi??