1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Printing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vomog, Apr 28, 2005.

1. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

Well, printed my first printable DVD cover on my new R320, and well, I like the fact that it prints almost all the way to the hub, and the one step process over labels, but considering that I was using glossy labels, they just come out better over the printable DVD's. Of course, I haven't used any of the printers enhancements, since it was basically my first time using this printer on a DVD. I wonder if they sell glossy printable DVD's? I will have to look.

Anyway, thanks for all the help, folks,

Rich

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

The matte finish one come out best IMO some people like the silver inkjet printables, but I ddidn't care for them to much. If your looking for glossy though that might be what you want to try. You can adjust the inner and outer circle so you print all the way to the edges (no white showing)Just go to "File" and select "inner/Outer Diameter Settings" I have mine set at 22mm center and 119mm outer right now, but not all disks are the same so you will just have to adjust a little until you get it just right.

Cheers

3. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

bbmayo,

I appreciate the info, I have mine at 120 and 20, seems to work pretty good for my Vebatims. Like I said, the printer works pretty well for the DVD's that I am using, it just that they are not as "PROFESSIONAL" as I had expected. Don't get me wrong, this is STRICTLY for backing up, that's it....I guess I was expecting more out of it.

Many thanks,

Rich

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Also try making it print deeper what I mean is just after you hit print you will see a little screen pop up with a slider on it I put mine on +2 for all my printing. It also helps to have good high quality images. Mine prints pretty amazing if you ask me the quality is very good, but I do only use very high quality images ;-)

5. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

bbmayo,

Darn, I forgot about the slider and +2. I believe I saw that you had posted that somewhere. I either scan my covers, which turn out just like the originals, or lately I've downloaded a few from cdcovers.

Thanks for reminding me,

Rich

6. bruceb3

bruceb3 Member

I've used my R 200 for about 8 months now and I love it. I used stick-on labels for about 100 back-ups and they seemed fine at first. After a few months they started to "go bad". An expensive lesson. After your R 200 or R 300 does about 80 or 100 disks, You may have to coax the tray at the beginning of the feed cycle, when the disk starts to feed then stops. The thin clear strip of the tray wears and cracks. Epson sent me an extra tray when I contacted them. Also, when I have about 8 or 10 back-ups done, I lay them on paper towels & lightly spray them with Krylon UV- Resistant clear acrylic spray. Any clear lacquer or photo fixitive will work, too. It protects the surface from accidental water drops or smears, and gives them a little bit of a gloss. They look very professional, IMHO. :) I also get the 5 color cartridges from www.megatoners.com for $2.65 apiece, I think. I use Epsons black though. It seems to be "blacker" than some of the off-brands. Good luck and good printing!

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I already have to do that after my first 20. My epson r-200 got lauched by my soon to be ex-wife. Still prints great on the darker disc covers. The lighter covers like spanglish and hitch didn't fare as well.That's why I download the darker ones,if I can.

bbmayo, you said you slide the bar to +2,is that on all your disc covers including the light ones like I posted a paragraph up?

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I just leave it at +2 it seems to print much nicer :)

May use a little more ink, but you know me I am after quality.. Thats why the Wolverines rule!!! Buckeyes BLAH!!

LOL ;-)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2005
  9. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yo bbmayo!!!
    I'd rather have the many-many quantity of buckeye touchdowns than the very-very few quality wolverine touchdowns! LOL

I'll try the +2 on my next Head of the house next week.
    Later

10. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

I tried it on Million Dollar Baby, and it was alittle too dark. On the Pacificer, it looked great. Consensus, don't use +2 on a already dark scene like MDB, but that's JMO.

Rich

11. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

The last thing we want is to mess up Hilary :)

12. cityrun

cityrun Member