1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd prob's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by christof1, Sep 16, 2004.

1. christof1

christof1 Guest

Hi Ive been using RiDisk media to back up a few movies I have a Nec 8xdvd burner.I also have dvdxcopy platinum and dvd -cloner as my ripping software.The problem i have is when ive burnt my backup i play it on a dvd player some of the backup skips during playback any reason for this even though im using good quality blanks.
    At the moment im having to make 2 copies using both software to see if one plays ok... P.L.E.A.S.E. HELP Im going mad......

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

What speed are you burning at? It's not recommended to burn any faster than 4X. The faster you burn the more you increase your chance for errors.

Are you multitasking while backing up? Backing up movies is very CPU intensive. Shut down all programs that you can and walk away from the computer during the backup process. This gives your PC all it's resources to be able to function to it's fullest.

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

christof1,
    The symptoms you described as usually caused by inexpensive blank media and burning too fast. I was not familiar w/ those disk so I had to look them up. The site I went to stated they were Manuf. by Ritek. If you can get yourself some 4X or 2X blank media ( try Verbatim ( branded ) or some G04 Riteks (Branded) and then try the burn

4. christof1

christof1 Guest

the media is riteck geo4 which shoud be ok and im burning at 4x any other ideas also would i be better of with a dual layer writer with dual layer media as no compression will be needed.
    Thanks for getting back to me

5. christof1

christof1 Guest

just an extra note im going to try and burn at 2x and see if that works i will let you know how i get on.The media i bought was from xcopy products.co.uk RiDisc4x-r it says its the best media .I also just leave the pc do its thing when backing up no other applications are in use.I hope i can sort this problem out soon as theres nothing wore than backing up a movie then watching it to find out that half way through it starts jumpy jumping ARghhhhhhhhh.
    ..........My attempt at a burn at 2x still makes the backup stop start about half way through on my pc and dvd home player can anyone help or knows of someone in the forum who has ultimate knowledge that can help..........
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]c.davies[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2004