1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+R and dvd-R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by darren22, Sep 11, 2007.

1. darren22

darren22 Guest

hi there well both dvd+R and dvd-R both used to work in my burner.Then after a while my burner wouldnt pick up the dvd-R but would pick up my dvd+r dvds now it has changed to the oppisite my dvd-R will work in the burner as for my dvd+R my burner wont read them anymore :O( any help this is so annoying plz and thanks in advance .

darren

2. attar

attar Senior member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

the problem that you might be experiencing is that your burner can't handle the newer type of media that is out there. If your burner never had a firmware update, as attar is trying to get your to see if there is an update firmware for your burner, then your burner might not be able to burn properly to the newer media! Firmware is programming that is inserted into a programmable memory area of your drive, thus becoming a permanent part of a drive. This 'software' is called firmware and can be updated with a firmware flasher. A firmware upgrade can add new functionality to your drive. Also bug fixes and improvements are done by firmware upgrades. It also adds more media codes and write strategies to the drive to improve burning capabilities and disk recognition. A firmware update can improver your burners ability to burn to newer media. so check to see what or if your burner can be upgraded to.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  4. darren22

darren22 Guest

hi yes mine is btc i have updated and rolled back to A082,A091,A091 and even A087 and still the same problems.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I thought this looked familiar: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=227512

I'll give the same advice here as I don't know which thread/site you will be responding to. BTC are basically trash bin material drives, I would pay a visit to NewEgg and look into a new Samsung 203B and not waste any more time with the BTC.

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

thank you LOCOENG! good work!

sooooo Darren....... how many other forums will you go to before you take the advice of the people that you are asking the same question????
    It doesn't take a genius to see that others are giving you the same advice. Listen to LOCOENG he's knowledgeable and knows his stuff! And if your firmware upgrade doesn't do the trick for you...... and I see that from the other forum that it didn't....... then go out and buy yourself a new burner.... they are cheap now.... for less than $50.00 you can get a great new burner that does everything!