1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R appears to be empty after successful burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brirob, Mar 12, 2005.

1. brirob

brirob Member

Okay, I'm definitely a noob around here, but am pulling my hair out trying to sort this out.

I have an nec 3500 burner that has been great for 3+ months. Recently I have been unable to read any DVD+Rs (RITEK R03) that I have made. DVDInfoPro and Decrypter both say that the DVD is blank (not a DVD-Video). I have made several DVD+Rs with decrypter using iso read/write, and also just through nero. I have switched between the liggy (218_Fliggy_Ritek_SE), quickee (2.18_QV3ME), and official nec 2.18 firmwares. I cannot get my nec burner to recognize any of these discs. I am able to read any DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW discs that I have burned. All of these DVD+Rs at issue play in my set top player.

Here's where it gets weird, my buddy is able to play/rip these DVD+R discs just fine in his nec 3500. I am also able to read/rip any DVD+Rs burned in his machine. What also really confuses me, is that when I first burned couple of these, I thought I verified that the Book type was correctly set to DVD-ROM, so I feel like at one point these discs read just fine in my machine. I did do a round of windows updates (including Windows Media Player 10), but I have since rolled back all those updates, and even reinstalled the dvd drive.

It seems I'm not the only one that has seen similar problems. Any suggestions are MUCH appreciated.
    -Brian

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/138132

2. brirob

brirob Member

bump for the evening crew

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  3. brirob

brirob Member

bump for anyone up late...

i guess my drive could be busted, don't really know.

4. kheno

kheno Member

same problem overhere.

Strange is that data cd burning seems to work.
    dvd video gives me an empty dvd. did not test data on dvd.

When I open the video dvd I get 2 sessions witheach an iso track containning the 2 folders video and audio.
    I can extract the movie, so the data seems ok.

Ithink it has something todo with the filters.
    though I tried removing the device, deïnstalling in device manager, removing all keys cdromPioneer_... containing the filters. After putting the writer back in, windwows detect new hardware, but still no go.

configuration has not been changed, plus I have tried other conf, but has nothing todo with master slave settings.

It happens with different hardware so I suppose it's not the firmware? I have Pioneer dvn-kl14. what do you have?

XPsp2 centrino 1700 Intel Odem i855PM-333
    BIOS Phoenix 09/10/04
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K14L

I have heard that reïnstalling windows wouldn't help either.
    A friend told me that after 6 months the drive worked again without any reason.

I will have to test if it works after an new install.

greetz.

5. kheno

kheno Member

the dvd's can't be red on any dvd reader or player.
    all softw like dvd region free ... has been deïnstalled.
    I tried using alcohol and nero, both latest versions.