1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r doesn't play on my panasonic but plays on my dvd+r player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by kinza, Dec 2, 2004.

1. kinza

kinza Regular member

I have a DVD-R according to Nero InfoTool(booktype?) and doesn't play in my Panasonic which has played all of my other DVD-R's. I put the DVD in to my Memorex DVD player which only plays DVD+R's and it played in it. What's wrong?

2. kinza

kinza Regular member

someone help!!

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey kinza, probably a poor media quality. The poor stuff will severely affect your stand alones. Does your pc play your backups ok?Try some high quality mcc media,verbatim,maxell,tys. This is usually the problem.Every burner and stand alone laser is different. Some of the players just can't read the burn.Formats those stand alones usually don't mean much. Some say they won't play r/rw and some say they will. It is like your standalone player is telling you it don't like something about that backup.You may be burning too fast,try slowing it down. Update your firmware,seldom works, are just a few things you can try.Your programs could also do this,rare.Majority of problems solved with a media change.You just have to give that stand alone what it is craving! Hope that may help some.I had many problems solved on media but 1 certain apex player would not play anything off my pc. I ended up buying an extra burner and wham.That apex will play both + and - formats. I just had a weak burner. Good luck

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

thanks a lot saugmon.