1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R media keeps showing up as Audio CD with 1.99GB used

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by whitag, Oct 1, 2002.

1. whitag

whitag Member

Everytime I insert a blank DVD-R disc into my DVD drive(Pioneer DVR-104) it shows up as an Audio CD with 1.99GB already used and 0 bytes free. I thought maybe the discs might have been defective but I checked with another brand and the same problem occurred again.
    These are supposed to be blank 4.7GB DVD-R discs. Is this normal for the drive to read these discs this way? I'm hoping that the drive is ok and that maybe the discs are just read incorrectly prior to formatting.
    This leads me to my next newbie question: How do I format a DVD-R disc? I tried the regular format command from the DOS prompt but I get an error message "CANNOT FORMAT NETWORK DRIVE"

2. lufcfan1

lufcfan1 Member

This is absolutely normal. My Pioneer 104 (A04) does exactly the same. Just write to it as normal - it will not affect the outcome or the copy(ing). Don't worry. The media and writer are fine - just burn away as normal.

3. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

So basically it needs to be natal?