1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r problem playback issue

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by tabbykats, Sep 14, 2007.

1. tabbykats

tabbykats Guest

some of my burnt dvds will play in my dvd player just fine some wont using same process to convert and burn. Not sure as why can someone help me please!!!?

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Different brand blank DVD's? Different burn speeds? Multi-tasking while burning depending on how much available RAM.
    Please explain your ENTIRE process like I was a 5 year old and I or someone else will pin it down.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Deadrum33 is right, a little more info would be handy. The DVDs that don't play on your standalone, do they play on the PC and have you tried playing them on another standalone player? Sounds a bit like what Deadrum33 was getting at, media compatibility issues. It's even more probable if the hardware is older.

4. tabbykats

tabbykats Guest

I have been using ripit4me with dvd decryptor and burning with shrink and nero same programs for a few months or so and same discs i have always used. Some burned discs play in my stand alone(non-progressive-scan) dvd player and some dont. Transformers wont play in the stand alone but we are marshall does. Same program same dvd player but one works other does not. I dont run any other programs while doing this process cause i tend to get errors or slow encoding speed. I am running a t2042 emachine celeron cpu with 2.00 ghz 1.99 ghz and 1.00 gb of ram (not alot of space but has been working great until couple of days ago) i am using the benq dw 1650. Not sure if that helps it burns both + and -.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Assuming you're using the software correctly, there should be no problems there. So far RI4M has successfully ripped any DVD it's been used for. Shrink does a good job and for transcoding it does a good job. Some versions of Nero have been problematic, but not usually on again-off again when it comes to burning with Shrink.

To help us out, get a download of DVD Identifier (free). Just google for it. Do a scan of the discs you're using. What is the brand and what is the manufacturer ID?

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I dont mean to be picky here, but Transformers wont be out on disc till Oct. 16th. How did you use Ripit4me on a torrent download?
    Different note,
    Good burner, I have one too. I'd recommend using +R discs for that because in DVDDecrypter and Nero you can set your burns to Booktype to DVD-ROM. That will give the greatest compatability with dvd players as it "fools" them into thinking it is an original disc and not a homemade one.
    Please run that DVD ID program like Pacman asked and copy and paste the results in your next reply.