1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD +R Read Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bobo-9, Jan 9, 2005.

1. bobo-9

bobo-9 Member

Hello all, I'm a real newbie here so I apologize if I'm asking for something already covered. I did do a search but I did not find anything directly on point. I have treid making a backup copy of a DVD movie with two different software tools. One being ElbySoft's Clone DVD (most current version) along with the Slysoft AnyDVD and the other with DVD-Cloner v2.35. The movies seem to copy without issue (usually) but I get pixilation, glitching and non-readable discs when it is inserted into my Sony "Disc Explorer plus 1" DVD Changer. I have tried some of the discs on my Harmon-Kardon DVD play and they payed relatively alright. The same issue exists when I burn my own DVD (usually a slide show with music) using Roxio Easy Media 7's DVD Builder.

Any thoughts? Is it possible that my problem is with the SONY? The discs are DVD+R and buirned with a DVD DVD+RW 1100A unit in a Dell computer. The operating system is Windows XP Professionel. The memory was increased recently but the same problems persists. I also have problems reading these discs in a portable DVD player bought for the kids. Could it be that the player does not like +R Discs?

thanks in advance --

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

You didnt mention what brand discs your using,try taiyo yuden, verbatim, or ritek....use branded media.
    Your symptoms sound like cheap dvdr's

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Having Roxio installed can cause problems alone!
    Most here do not like Roxio, it truly bites! Cheap media can also cause problems.

4. bobo-9

bobo-9 Member

I guess the problem could be cheap media. In Roxio's place what programs are favored (not for copying/backing up) but for creating DVD slide shows etc.