1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Rs freezing on playback

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Stanislav, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Stanislav

Stanislav Member

I recently acquired a Panasonic DMR-E30 DVD Recorder. I have been putting some old VHS tapes on DVD-R.

I have a recurring problem. About one out of every 3 or 4 discs I do locks up at some point on playback in a basic DVD player. The disc is finalized, and still plays perfectly beginning to end in the Panasonic. I have had cases in which two successive tries at converting the same video froze up in almost exactly the same spot, then the 3rd try produced a perfect DVD.

There is no copyguarded material involved here. The problem has occurred with both brand-name and "generic" blanks. However, I only the have the one DVD player (as opposed to the recorder/player), so I have not been able to determine if the player (admittedly an "El Cheapo") is at fault.

I know that sometimes a DVD-R will not be properly read by one player or another, but 1 out of every 3-4 discs is ridiculous. Any suggestions?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The player should be ok, try to buy better branded Discs such as ritek or traxdata or verbatim