1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Rs skip at exact same spot every time

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by endersftd, May 26, 2004.

1. endersftd

endersftd Member

I've been using a new Dell XPS to burn wedding movies to DVD (movies created using Adobe Premiere). Previously, I was using an older machine with a Pioneer DVD burner that wouldn't give me any problems at all except it was slow. So I got the XPS and brought over the Pioneer into the new computer.

The XPS has two burners now - the TEAC that it came with, and now the Pioneer (again, I note that I've previously had no problems with the Pioneer). Now, when I burned a DVD of a 16 minute video, and played it in the computer, it looked fine. But when I put it into the standalone DVD player, it will start skipping at minute 15...consistently, every time, at the exact spot, as if the skip had been recorded onto the DVD-R. I've tried this on both DVD burners with both +/- media and the skips are at the exact spot, regardless. I tried a different movie and it did the same thing, except this time the skip was more in the middle. This has only started after using the XPS. I thought maybe the RAID controller for my dual harddrives might be causing a problem but I'm not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2. endersftd

endersftd Member

By the way, I've tried using Roxio's Easy CD creator package, Nero, and Alcohol 120% to try to get the final movie to burn.

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media are you using (could be bad batch)?