1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R's won't play when burned with DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sundance, Nov 22, 2002.

1. sundance

sundance Member

I have found a few small production DVD to play around with and learn to make backups of. I was able to use DVD Decrypter to make a ISO image small enough to fit on one DVD-R. I burned the image and made a back up on a DVD-R and on a DVD-RW. They plays just fine in the DVD burner and the new DVD reader in the same computer but will not play in my just purchased Sony DVP-NS715P player (stand alone for the TV). This player will play DVD-R's and RW's and indeed I have burned some captures to DVD with DVDit and they played fine in this player.

Does anyone have any idea why DVD's burned with DVD Decrypter will not play in a stand alone DVD player?

Thanks

2. Biosgain

Biosgain Guest

they should do.....maybe it`s the media your using.

try a darker underside or silver media.

3. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

I do not believe it's the DVDR type. It's DVD Decrypter is not doing its job right. I have the same problem way back with DVD Decrypter. After I've used SmartRipper to rip and then use IfoEdit to get VTS SECTORS and the FREE REGION, I was able to play it with 3 types of stand alone dvd players.

Unless you have a DVD player that is picky about the media type. Take care!