1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-RW auto-start Problems..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vuck17, Jan 9, 2004.

1. vuck17

vuck17 Member

Hey all,

Downloaded a SVCD movie and converted it in TMPEG into a 352 X 480 MPEG 2 file with all the correct audio conversions. Created the movie in DVD-lab with menu's, sound and other bells and whistles. I then created the project at Full D1 mode and created all the ifo, bup and vob files and both VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS folders, played just fine on XP and Mac OS X. I burned it, tried it on my player and it won't play. The DVD player plays everything!! Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya vuck17,

two possiblities spring to mind:

1 - your standalone player does not support (or has limited support for) DVD-RW, try checking that, even try it on a DVD-R (most compatible format).

2 - whereas software DVD players (on PC/Mac etc) tend to be very tolerant of incorrect or incomplete IFO etc files and play quite happily, standalone players tend to be fussy about things like structure files.

Number 1 is the most common reason.

Hope this helps.

3. vuck17

vuck17 Member

I've copied a DVD directly to the DVD-RW and the standalone reads it just fine. It's got to be something in the ifo files. Thanks for the input though.

4. vuck17

vuck17 Member

I forgot to mention that I burned the disc on a iMac G4 combo drive if that matters..