1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD +RW door won't open close correctly

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Dan_61, May 7, 2007.

1. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

I did a silly thing this morning, i got up out of my chair fast and didnt notice the dvd door was open on my hard drive

I hit it with leg, now it won't open and close correctly. It opens a little bit but stops

Dan

2. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming there isn't a disk inside, as it opens, give it a firm assist (like pulling open a filing cabinet drawer).
    I don't know why it would stick as it's practically impossible to force the drawer out of its slides - there is not enough room.
    If all else fails, remove the drive and release the clips (top, bottom sides) holding the plastic faceplate to the chassis.
    The metal chassis fits together like a clamshell, there may also be a couple of screws on the underside holding top to bottom.
    Once the screws are out, the clamshell can be pried apart exposing the drawer.

3. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

Hello

Thanks for responding, i can get it open, it won't open and close on it's own, i think i may have hit it out of alignment ?

Dan

4. Dan_61

Dan_61 Regular member

CLOSED

Hi attar

I took it apart and removed the door and reinstalled, it is working better than before, thank you

I asked for help on another site and they all said buy a new one lol

Dan