1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+RW media problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by rdanough, Sep 29, 2003.

1. rdanough

rdanough Guest

I have a Pioneer 106D that I purchased a few weeks ago. I have had good success burning DVD-R so far, however I decided to try some DVD+RW and that's where my problems began. If I backup a movie to a brand new +RW, everything works fine, but if I try to erase or format or anything else- the +RW isn't recognized. Please help! I've tried Nero, Ulead movie factory 2.0, and Roxio 6.0.

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

What does it say exactly when you try to record over a +RW in Nero?

You don't need to erase it with Nero as you can just burn over what you have on the disc.

Have you tried -RW?

3. rdanough

rdanough Guest

most of the software i've tried has just said "no disc found" or something similar. i haven't tried -RW yet, i was just trying a different format to see how good the rewrite function worked.

4. altimase

altimase Member

Sounds very similar to my experience, I test burned a couple movies on maxell dvd+rw's in Dvd X Copy and I could not erase or burn with any other program. I would get different messages like 'illeagal disc' or 'please insert writable media' etc. However I can still burn with X Copy but not entirely erase.

5. jsmith11

jsmith11 Member

I was also having problems but my problem I think was with the DLA program on my computer. I have a HP that came with that software, it is so you can drag and drop things you want to put on a disk. If you have that disable it. To do that go to my computer right click your burner drive, select the DLA tab and click disable. Hopefully this is you problem, I use RW media alot now that I figured the prob. Let us know.

6. hogweed

hogweed Member

Yeah, I have a BTC DRW1004IM DVD+R/DVD-R DVD REWRITER, and it writes to a DVD+RW once absolutely fine, then the media is no longer recognised by Nero (which came bundled with drive last week), XP, ANYTHING. You don't get the options to erase, format, anything - they simply aren't recognised. Looks almost like the RW drives are treated like DVD-R's - ie you can write to them once. This is becoming an expensive experiment! Is the problem with the drive, Nero, XP... who knows, but I'm pretty angry. ANy help would be much appreciated!