1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink error???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by krsmith, Oct 17, 2004.

1. krsmith

krsmith Member

Hey guys, I was backing up a DVD using DVD Shrink, and both attempts I got an error when it got to 19%:

"DVD Shrink has encountered an error and cannot continue.

Out of memory

The paging file is too small for this operation to complete."

Does anybody know what to do?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

How much free HD space do you have?

3. krsmith

krsmith Member

Not sure.. How do I check?

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

To check go to 'My Computer' and hold (don't click) the mouse pointer over the hard disc drive (normally drive c) - you will get an instant read out of how much hard disc space is left for use.

5. Durnberg

Durnberg Member

I am having the same problem. I have lots of HDD room left and have also tried a different HDD. Pagefile has everything to do with virtual memory, so I have tried changing my virtual memory to high amounts and to completely off (ok becuase I have lots of phyical ram). But to no avail. I have been researching and testing different solutions for a little while now and it is almost nice to see someone else having the problem.

I have 6.7 GB left on my HDD and the files is a little over 4 GB.

Windows XP sp2 (has worked after upgrade)
    AMD Athlon 1600+
    640 MB ram
    geforce 2 64MB
    40 GB Maxtor HD 7200rpm + 10 GB Fugitsu 5200rpm (both NTFS)

-Durny

6. Qupid

Qupid Guest

Has anyone figured out the solution to this problem because I am having the same problem. Thanks

7. Noel

Noel Guest

I have had the same problem twice with two different discs. Happened months ago with one movie and today with Flubber, it is small enough to fit on a SL disc without any compression if the foreign soundtracks are removed, but after it gets to about 75% encoding the buffer (usually between zero and 90 Mb) goes up and up to about 1700Mb and then I get the "out of memory" error. It did not say "Page File" as I remember. Did it both in encoding to hard drive folder to burn with Nero and encoding to ISO to burn with Decrypter.

I am running XP SP2 working fine for several weeks and have followed Scuba Petes advice to use a 4Gb pagefile. Do not have Roxio installed. Using latest Shrink and Decrypter.

The work around I found is to dump the menus and just re-author the movie only. That way I can get rid of the subtitles (except English) and the Spanish and Russian soundtracks.

Still would like to know why the problem occurs.